Thank you for being willing to open your home to an SUU student. At SUU, we value the community participating in the life of the University. Most community members find having a student live in their home to be a great experience. Here are the most frequently asked questions, for any other questions, please contact email@example.comRent and Amenities:
- The average price for a shared room/bath per semester (4 months) is $1010.
- The average price for a private room/bath per semester (4 months) is $1575.
- You may specify if you prefer a male or female student.
- These prices often include utilities (electricity, water, gas), or a split in utilities between tenant and landlord, as well as internet access, garbage pick up, and a parking space.
- A private entrance and private kitchen are not necessary, but preferred.
Best Practices for Landlords:
- Provide a safe and secure space for your tenant.
- Show respect and be fair. Treat all of your tenants equally.
- Don’t expect your tenants to attend religious services or family events with you.
- Curfews should not be expected, however, quiet hours are acceptable.
- Document everything. If you want something to happen, put it in writing. Make sure financial costs and amenities (what will and will not be included/happen) are clearly spelled out in writing.
- Keep your tenants informed of any situation that might cause them inconvenience.
- Stay up on repairs. Let your tenant know when you will require access to repair something.
- Respond promptly, keeping an open communication.
- Reward good behavior. If your tenant is willing to help with yard work, or repairs, make an agreement to reward that behavior.
- Although it might take some time, it is important to screen any potential tenant.
The Utah Renters Handbook:
Utah Rental Laws: