You've finished all your classes, taken your final exams, and now graduation day is here. Come prepared looking your best for this memorable day.
Here is our list of everything you need to bring to graduation.
Things to bring to graduation:
1. Cap and Gown - This is the most obvious thing you need to wear on graduation day. Remember to pick yours up at the Grad Fair on Thursday, April 27 at the Alumni House. *If you are a Master's candidate with a hood, bring your hood to your individual college ceremony. DO NOT bring it to the main commencement ceremony.
2. Tassel - You will also get your tassel at the Grad Fair, but make sure you don't lose it before actual graduation!
3. Business casual clothing - Many people think that what they wear under the gown doesn't matter, but it really does. Remember that the gown starts at about your collarbone and ends mid-calf.
4. Comfortable shoes - You'll be walking around campus, up and down stairs, and down a steep ramp to the Centrum entrance. Make sure you are wearing shoes that are comfortable and easy to walk in.
5. Stoles, cords, medallion - If you have any regalia like stoles, cords, or a medallion, be sure to wear it to show off your accomplishments.
6. Cell phone - This may be tricky if you don't have pockets, but bring your cell phone to take pictures and text your friends and family to meet up after the ceremony.
7. Tissues - Graduation can be exciting, happy, and sad all at the same time. Bring a couple tissues with you in case you get weepy saying goodbye to friends or overjoyed by your accomplishment. Be sure your mom has tissues, because she will most likely cry with pride.
8. Lip balm/lipstick/lip gloss - Nothing can ruin a picture faster than chapped lips. Keep your lips smooth with lip balm or if you want a tint, bring your lipstick or lip gloss.
9. Umbrella - Cedar City weather can be unpredictable. You probably won't need an umbrella since the ceremonies are inside, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Things you will receive at graduation:
1. Diploma cover - As you walk across the stage, you will be given a handshake and your diploma cover. The actual diploma will arrive in the mail during summer.
2. Alumni Card - Once you take your picture with you diploma cover, you will be welcomed into the alumni association. You'll be given a card that gives you a special alumni discount on campus.
3. Flowers/leis/gifts - Many parents, friends, and family will purchase gifts or additional leis for their graduate.
For more information about SUU graduation, visit www.suu.edu/graduation.