Have you ever had to forgo a meal because you were running late to class? Or have you ever been so hungry you think you can’t possibly cook a meal and just eat out instead? Well this recipe is so fast and easy you won’t have to worry about any of that again. In fact, you can cook and finish eating Pizza Waffles in the time it would take for a fast food delivery driver to arrive at your apartment.
Pizza Waffles are a fun twist on your traditional pizza recipe. The waffles are similar to a calzones, and you can add any topping you’d like. They taste delicious, so don’t count on having leftovers.
Note: You need a waffle maker for this recipe.
Estimated cost: $4.00
Prep time: 10 minutes
Estimated calories per person: 600
- 1 tube pizza dough (14 oz)
- 4 Tb. marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Pepperoni slices
- Olive wedges
- Any cooked meat
- Any diced vegetables
1. Preheat a waffle iron and grease it.
2. Slice pizza dough into eight equal, square pieces.
3. Press each piece flat.
4. Place four pieces of dough on your counter.
5. Spread on one tablespoon of marinara sauce.
6. Add ¼ cup mozzarella and your choices of toppings.
7. Top with 4 remaining pieces of dough.
8. Seal edges closed to make a biscuit
9. Place one biscuit on each square of your waffle iron, or cook them in the center one at a time.
10. Close waffle iron and cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
11. Cut in half and serve.
For additional healthy recipe ideas, contact our Nutrition Department or register for a class.