Are you worried about how you are going to pay for school?
OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Attending college is an exciting step in life. It can also be expensive. A college education is one of the best investments that a person can make. At SUU, The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is committed to assisting all students in finding the best ways to help pay for their education.
According to a recent study, an estimated $2.9 billion in Federal grant funds went unclaimed in 2015.
WHAT IS FAFSA?
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form that can be filled out annually by current and prospective college students. In order to receive financial aid at SUU (scholarships, grants, work study, loans, etc) you must fill out FAFSA.
HOW DO I FILL OUT FAFSA?
It is completely free to fill out FAFSA. You can fill it out on the U.S. Department of Education’s FAFSA website.
6 THINGS YOU NEED BEFORE YOU FILL OUT YOUR FAFSA
- Your FSA ID: An FSA ID is a username and password that you can use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Each student, and one parent of each dependent student, will need a FSA ID.
- Your Social Security Number: You can find the number on your Social Security card.
- Your driver’s license number: If you don’t have a driver’s license, then don’t worry about this step.
- Your previous year’s tax records: If your parents claimed you on their taxes, ask them for your records from their tax information.
- Records of your untaxed income: The FAFSA asks about untaxed income that may or may not apply to you, but they include things like child support, interest income, and veterans noneducation benefits.
- Records of your assets (money): This includes savings and checking account balances, as well as the value of investments such as stocks, bonds, and real estate.
CONTACT THE FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS OFFICE
Phone: (435) 586-7735
If you have other questions about starting school at SUU, visit our What You Need to Know as an Incoming Freshman at SUU blog post.